I always loved writing and have kept a journal since I was 10 years old. It initially started because someone gifted me a cute little pink diary on my birthday and I just found it too beautiful not to be used. But as I’ve grown up, writing has helped me get through the toughest of times – it has proved to be my much needed escape from a chaotic world.
When I write, it automatically makes me introspect and become more self aware, and strengthens my well being. I never told anyone that I like to write – it was my own secret. But this year, I took a big leap and decided to get my book published.
I love reading Fiction and Self Help. We Were Liars by Emily Lockhart is my favorite.
Why should we read you?
The following are the top five reasons why people should read my book:
- To achieve better mental health and feel good about themselves
- To gain insights that will be useful in their day to day life
- To empower themselves and take charge of their own life
- To come to terms with negativity and realize that they alone are responsible for your happiness
- To engage themselves in a relatable real life story
What should we expect from you as a writer in the near future?
My debut book, “The Sun Shines Bright Here” is releasing very very soon. It is an unconventional self help book that starts with my own mental health journey. Woven into the story are insights that can help people improve their well being. It is written under a pen name, “Shayna”.