Do you have the ability to weave stories that people love to read? Get writing, for we have the best planned for you!
WriteFluence presents PenFluenza, a short story contest that you cannot resist.
– SUBMISSION GUIDELINES –
- Theme: Fragrance/s (fiction)
- Word count: 1500 – 2000 words. BE SURE OF YOUR WORD COUNT! Entries exceeding the word limits will be disqualified
- Author eligibility: Writers of age 18 and above
- All entries must be in English
- Only original works that have not been published in print, digital or online publications will be considered
- WriteFluence retains one-time exclusive publication right to the winning entries to be published in the PenFluenza publication (i.e. You cannot publish the story elsewhere during and after the contest)
- Submission fee: First entry FREE; Rs.100/- per additional submission.
- Format: Type your story on a Word document and submit using the participation link at the bottom of this post. Do NOT send us email submissions!
- Deadline: 11.59 p.m. IST on January 31, 2021
– RESULTS –
Results will be announced on February 28, 2021.
- 20 winning stories will be published in a book to be released thereafter – All 20 writers will win a special author feature in the book, on our website and on our social feed
- Top 5 writers will receive:
- 1 physical copy of the book
- 1 merit certificate (virtual) from WriteFluence
- Early bird prizes: A participation certificate (virtual) for all the first 50 entries
- The earlier you send your submission, the more time we have to read it at peace and calculate the scores
– OUR JURY –
Susmita Bagchi has been an educationist for more than four decades and has primarily been teaching English and Geography as a Secondary School teacher, to children from Grades 8 to 10. With her 45 years of immaculate expertise over the language, she has imparted knowledge across ICSE, CBSE and SSC boards. She has helped shape and brighten the future of many, and has worked in globally recognized and renowned schools across India viz. Renukoot and Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh), Bhubaneshwar (Odisha), Mumbai (Maharashtra) and in Dubai (UAE) and has also trained students for Grade 12 Exams & GRE.
Bagchi is a very well-read person and her favorite reads include all classics of Charles Dickens, all books of P.G. Wodehouse, Daniel Steele, Sydney Sheldon, Robin Cook & many others. The book that’s currently on her bedside table is The Algebra of Happiness by Scott Galloway.
After years of guiding students, Bagchi has not hung up her boots and is now a Certified Holistic Health Coach. She helps patients suffering from various auto immune health problems, heal. Her journey of learning continues while she pursues another Cancer-related course from the Pennsylvania University.
Bagchi’s WriteInfluencing Mantra is: “Personal experience broadens one’s perspective and varied reading opens one’s mind & understanding – That influences what one writes and how one expresses.”
Anupama Dalmia is a 24-time award winning blogger, author, serial entrepreneur with three ventures, social influencer, creative writing mentor, choreographer and mother to a 5-year-old. She is a Karamveer Chakra (Silver) awardee which is a Global Civilian Honour presented by International Confederation of NGOs in association with the United Nations. She is a Sheroes Champion where she motivates a community of 15 million women and is also an Amazon approved Influencer. She has been featured among the top bloggers and influencers of India on multiple platforms and her entrepreneurial journey has been covered by coveted media like Official Humans of Hyderabad, The New Indian Express, The Better India and YourStory.
She is the only Indian who has been nominated in the category of “Digital Transformation” by Global Digital Women which is a Berlin based International network of female digital pioneers at the Digital Women Leader Awards 2020. Recently, she was conferred with the Sarojini Naidu International Award for Women 2020 for her contribution in the field of writing, social work and entrepreneurship and the Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Excellence Award for her work done as a mentor. Her literary works have been published in leading magazines, platforms and newspapers of India. She has also contributed to International Literary Journals and her poems, blogs and fictional stories have been widely appreciated.
Some of her favorite books are Wonder, Becoming, Harry Potter series, Malgudi Days, The Kite Runner and all kinds of comic books. She’s currently reading Becoming by Michelle Obama.
Dalmia’s WriteFluencing mantra is “Be honest to your writing and the connection will happen”
***To pay for additional submissions, use the ‘Pay’ button below. Please note that stories will be judged purely on merit basis – whether you submit one or many!
- In the ‘Purpose of payment’ field, use code: WFPF (Your Name)