When you write without the obstacles of sticking to a theme or genre, creativity with wings could take your story to places. WriteFluenza gives you the freedom to do just that. Get that pen to write down your most fascinating story and entice us!
– SUBMISSION GUIDELINES –
- Theme: Open (fiction)
- Word count: 1000 – 3000 words; does not include title
- All entries must be formatted as a single-spaced word document or PDF and submitted using the participation link at the bottom of this post.
- Font: Arial, 12pt. This is to standardize entries so that all stories are treated equally. Only entries that are under the 3000-word limit (not including the title) will be accepted
- All entries will be judged anonymously, so you must include the title of the story but not your name or address, or any identifying information of the entrant
- The competition is open internationally to anyone over the age of 16, and all entries must be in English
- All entries must be the work of the person entering and must not have been published anywhere online (including blogs and websites) or accepted for publication elsewhere. The copyright remains with the author. The winning entries will be published by WriteFluence in our anthology.
- Entries that do not comply with the competition rules will be disqualified. No entries will be accepted via email. No corrections post-entry can be accepted. Let’s be fair – It’s a contest!
- The results of the competition will be published online and the decision of the judge(s) will be final. Please note that unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted
- Submission deadline: The closing date for entries is June 30, 2021
- Submission fee: FREE, Entrants can send in up to 5 submissions
– RESULTS –
- Results will be announced on July 31, 2021.
- Winning stories will be published in a book / multiple books to be released thereafter – All winning writers will win a special author feature in the book and a merit certificate (virtual) from WriteFluence after the book/s is/are published
- Top 3 winning entries (from each resultant book) will receive:
- 1 physical copy of the book (per writer)
- 1 merit certificate (virtual) from WriteFluence
- Early bird prizes: A participation certificate (virtual) for the first 20 entries
- The earlier you send your submission, the more time we have to read it at peace and calculate the scores
– OUR JURY –
Kaumudi Amrute’s writing workshops have received several amazing reviews from students of different age groups.
Amrute is a retired educationist and has spread her wings now with her initiative of her small cultural venture ‘Kalaa Kalpana’ where she conducts short term writing workshops for all age groups and also runs handicraft workshops with the help of her students.
When she’s not teaching, Amrute loves to knit, bake and conduct experiments in the kitchen.
Amrute lives in Wilmington with her husband and a dog; and loves reading Christina Rossetti, Sylvia Plath and Phillis Wheatley. She is a P. G. Wodehouse fan when it comes to fiction.
Arvind Solanki has been writing content for various websites, brands and products since 1998 and has also worked on a few projects as a ghost writer. His expertise lies in writing and editing children’s books and blogs. He has worked on more than 20 websites to create content for children related to general knowledge and stories.
When Arvind isn’t working on his writing projects, he loves to travel, watch sports, play with his four year old son and lose arguments to his wife. Arvind loves reading anything and everything fiction!
Happy WriteFluencing 💕
Here’s a glimpse of one of the beauties that was born out of our premium league contest PenFluenza: Wafting Earthy