A brand new challenge is here!
Here’s Mrs. Rosewood waiting for you to write about any of her days into a story. She could be bright, gloomy, witty, loveable or always ready to fight. It’s your character, create her!
Then, tell us a story about a day in the life of your Mrs. Rosewood and get published in our next publication.
– SUBMISSION GUIDELINES –
- Theme: A fictional short-story about a day in the life of the protagonist named Mrs. Rosewood (Any genre)
- Word count: 1000 – 3000 words; does not include title
- All entries must be formatted as a single-spaced word document or PDF and submitted using the participation link at the bottom of this post.
- Font: Arial, 12pt. This is to standardize entries so that all stories are treated equally. Only entries that are under the 3000-word limit (not including the title) will be accepted
- All entries will be judged anonymously, so you must include the title of the story on the document but not your name or address, or any identifying information of the entrant
- Title: Your story should have a different title and not just ‘Mrs. Rosewood’.
- Example: The title of your story could very well be ‘Mrs. Rosewood and her dog’ or simply ‘The fight with the neighbors’, etc.
- The competition is open internationally to anyone over the age of 18, and all entries must be in English
- Only 1 story to be submitted by each participant
- All entries must be the work of the person entering and must not have been published anywhere online (including blogs and websites) or accepted for publication elsewhere. The copyright remains with the author*** The winning entries will be published by WriteFluence in our anthology.
- Entries that do not comply with the competition rules will be disqualified. No entries will be accepted via email. No corrections post-entry can be accepted.
- The results of the competition will be published online and the decision of the judge(s) will be final. Please note that unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
- Submission deadline: The closing date for entries is July 31, 2021
- Submission fee: INR 150 (Equivalent $2), non-refundable.
- Kindly note that payment of fees does not guarantee you a win. Stories will be judged purely on merit
– RESULTS –
- Results will be announced on August 31, 2021.
- Winning stories will be published in a book to be released thereafter – All winning writers will win a special author feature in the book and a merit certificate (virtual) from WriteFluence after the book is published
- Top 3 writers will receive:
- 1 physical copy of the book
- 1 merit certificate (virtual) from WriteFluence
- Early bird prizes: A participation certificate (virtual) for the first 20 entries
- The earlier you send your submission, the more time we have to read it at peace and calculate the scores
– Our Jury –
I wanted to enter your Mrs Rosewood contest but unfortunately, although it’s opened internationally, you don’t accept international cards payments. It’s a such a pity…
Hi. Kindly submit your story for the contest. We will email you the payment invoice at a later time.
Update: International payment methods have been added now. Apologies for the inconvenience.