Here’s another opportunity for your story to reach more readers!
We took a survey recently with our Instagram family and came across some great topics for a short-story contest. So here’s one contest offering you the option to write on two themes suggested by you! (either or both)
Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the following guidelines.
– SUBMISSION GUIDELINES –
- Theme: Your story can be based on either of these two themes (fiction):
- LGBTQ ROMANCE
- Betrayal (Unfaithful relationships – doesn’t need to have the LGBTQ element)
- Genre: Any
- Word count: 1500 – 3000 words. Entries exceeding the word limits will be disqualified
- Author eligibility: Writers of age 16 and above; across the globe
- All entries must be in English
- Only original works that have not been published in print, digital or online publications will be considered. Writers cannot publish the story elsewhere during and after the contest.
- Submission fee: FREE submissions accepted until August 15, 2021; INR 100/- per submission thereafter.
- Format: Type your story on a Word document in a legible font and submit using the participation link at the bottom of this post. Do NOT send us email submissions!
- Deadline: 23:59 hours IST on August 31, 2021
- Avoid Offensive / Religious content
- Multiple submissions accepted – 1 story per document, per form.
– RESULTS –
- Results will be announced on September 30, 2021.
- Winning stories will be published in a book to be released thereafter – All winning writers will win a special author feature in the book and a merit certificate (virtual) from WriteFluence after the book is published
- Top 3 winning entries will receive: 1 physical copy of the book (per writer)
- Early bird prizes: A participation certificate (virtual) for all the first 20 entries
- The earlier you send your submission, the more time we have to read it at peace and calculate the scores
– Jury –
Amanda Schmidt has been teaching English throughout her 23+ years of career at various renowned institutions in four different nations at different times. She has also worked as an instructional designer, written procedures and designed courses for new-recruit professors with her previous employer. For the last 6 years, Schmidt has been an active part of an internal magazine ‘Wordy Percussion’ with her current employer in Singapore and was appointed as the Editor last year as a recognition of her constant efforts to innovate with the magazine. Schmidt loves reading Gillian Flynn, Ruth Ware and Dean Koontz. She has been an avid P.G. Wodehouse reader throughout her teens. When she isn’t reading, Schmidt loves to watch travel related documentaries online and make plans for her next travel destination.
Schmidt’s WriteFluencing Mantra is: “Read more to write better!”