We are excited to announce our upcoming writing contest, open to all writers who are looking to showcase their skills and compete for a chance to win a prize in the form of publication.
We are looking for original, unpublished pieces of fiction, with a maximum word count of 3,000 words. The theme for this contest is “Brouhaha,” and we encourage all writers to interpret this theme in their own unique way. All genres are welcome.
– SUBMISSION GUIDELINES –
- Theme: Brouhaha.
- Word count: 2000 – 3000 words. Entries exceeding the word limits will be disqualified
- Author eligibility: Writers of age 16 and above, from all across the globe
- All entries must be in English
- Only original works that have not been published in print, digital or online publications will be considered
- WriteFluence retains one-time exclusive publication right to the winning entries to be published in the resultant publication (i.e. You cannot publish the story elsewhere during and after the contest)
- Submission fee: Rs.150/- (which is equivalent to ~$2); to be paid using the payment button below.
- Format: Type your story on a Word document and submit using the participation link at the bottom of this post. Do NOT send us email submissions!
- Kindly use the Arial / Times New Roman / Verdana 12point fonts only
- Do not include any images on the word document
- Do not number the pages or use any headers or footers
- Deadline: 11.59 p.m. Indian Time on
April 15, 2023April 30, 2023
– RESULTS –
Results will be announced within three weeks of the deadline, on our website. Winners will be contacted via email / sign up to receive notifications of all new announcements on our website.
- 20 (or more) winning stories will be published in a book to be released thereafter – All 20 writers will win:
- A merit certificate (digital) from WriteFluence
- A special author feature in the book, on our website and on our social feed
We encourage all writers to submit their best work and to have fun with this theme. We can’t wait to read your entries and see the unique ways in which you interpret “Brouhaha.”
Best of luck to all contestants!
– Jury –