Have you self-published your book this year? Did it deserve recognition but hasn’t got much yet?
Thousands of talented self-published authors and books go unnoticed each year. Some good. Some really good.
We, at WriteFluence have believed in and supported the works of aspiring writers since inception, and have published 7 books so far containing the works of more than 150 writers from across the globe. We now take pride in announcing our very own awards program to felicitate the literary works of self-published Indian authors.
If you’ve written and self-published a book, scroll to the bottom of this page to nominate your book for The WriteFluencer Awards – 2021 and get yourself and your book the deserved recognition!
~ Eligibility ~
- Duration: The book should have been self-published during October 2020 – September 2021
- If your book was published by a vanity publisher, i.e. if you paid to publish it; that qualifies as self-publishing too
- Single author books only
- Language: English
- Genre: Fiction / Non-Fiction
- If you wish to nominate a poetry book, list it under the Fiction category on the form
- Author eligibility: 16 years and above
- Location: Indian residents only
- Availability: The book MUST be available for purchase on Amazon Kindle and / or easily available in the paperback format across platforms in India
- Registration fees: INR 1499/- inclusive of the books’ prices that we will send to our jury members
~ Program details ~
- Your nominations will be judged by the editorial team at WriteFluence and five external panelists (Jury), on basis of language / theme / plot / book design – in that order
- Nominations will close on September 30th, 2021
- Top 10 nominations will be announced in December 2021, tentatively
- All 10 nominations will score a book feature and an author interview on our website, link of which will also be shared on our social feeds giving your book the exposure to a wider audience
- All 10 nominations will win a virtual certificate of recognition from WriteFluence
- 1 winner and 2 runners-up will be announced in Dec 2021 / Jan 2022 tentatively
- The winners will score a book feature and an author interview on our website which will also be shared on our social feeds giving your book the exposure to a wider audience
- A virtual certificate of recognition from WriteFluence
- A trophy each, to treasure the victory of being The WriteFluencer of the year 2021 shall be delivered at your doorstep!
~ Our Jury ~
Vipul Shaalmali Raut is an illustrious educationist with over 17 years of experience of teaching, mentoring and leadership roles. He loves reading George Eliot and has read The Mill on the Floss more than 5 times. He loves to read and re-read old classics and states that each time he finishes a book perceiving the story differently.
In the recent years, Raut has been engaged in conducting various workshops on creative writing and career development. When he’s not reading, he is either watching movies or theatrical plays.
Raut’s WriteFluencing Mantra is: “A poor reader cannot become a good writer.”
Amanda Schmidt has been teaching English throughout her 23+ years of career at various renowned institutions in four different nations at different times. She has also worked as an instructional designer, written procedures and designed courses for new-recruit professors with her previous employer. For the last 6 years, Schmidt has been an active part of an internal magazine ‘Wordy Percussion’ with her current employer in Singapore and was appointed as the Editor in 2020 as a recognition of her constant efforts to innovate with the magazine.
Schmidt loves reading Gillian Flynn, Ruth Ware and Dean Koontz. She has been an avid P.G. Wodehouse reader throughout her teens. When she isn’t reading, Schmidt loves to watch travel related documentaries online and make plans for her next travel destination.
Schmidt’s WriteFluencing Mantra is: “Read more to write better!”
Palash Basak has been working as a technical writer in a reputed organization in Bengaluru since 2015. He loves reading and writing fiction and vouches that watching old classics by Satyajit Ray, Bimal Roy or Guru Dutt can kill that dreaded writer’s block.
After having graduated and worked as a clerk for 8 years, Basak decided to complete his Masters in Mass Communication in 2001. Post that, he worked in several firms in the capacity of a Business Communications writer. He believes in the continuous process of learning and evolving and has enrolled himself into learning various creative writing and technical writing courses on self-learning apps. He is a die-hard Gulzar fan. He loves to read old classics in English and Bengali. When he’s not reading or writing; he is helping his daughter-in-law cope with the tantrums of his 18-months-old grand-son.
Basak’s WriteFluencing Mantra is: “Writing a perfect novel may takes years and a perfect writer may always want to go back and keep making changes to that very perfect novel every year!”
Kaumudi Amrute’s writing workshops have received several amazing reviews from students of different age groups. Amrute is a retired educationist and has spread her wings now with her initiative of her small cultural venture ‘Kalaa Kalpana’ where she conducts short term writing workshops for all age groups and also runs handicraft workshops with the help of her students.
When she’s not teaching, Amrute loves to knit, bake and conduct experiments in the kitchen.
Amrute lives in Wilmington with her husband and a dog; and loves reading Christina Rossetti, Sylvia Plath and Phillis Wheatley.
Amrute’s WriteFluencing Mantra is: “A good story is what a writer writes and re-writes several times until it is ready to reach impeccability in the eyes of a reader.”
Arvind Solanki has been writing content for various websites, brands and products since 1998 and has also worked on a few projects as a ghost writer. His expertise lies in writing and editing children’s books and blogs. He has worked on more than 20 websites to create content for children related to general knowledge and stories.
When Arvind isn’t working on his writing projects, he loves to travel, watch sports, play with his four year old son and lose arguments to his wife.
Arvind’s WriteFluencing Mantra is: “A good writer will first read! Especially, a contest’s guidelines.”
~ Terms and Conditions ~
- The registration fees are a one-time, non-refundable fees charged for buying your book and the efforts our team and panelists will take to make this event a success. No refunds will be initiated should you decide to withdraw your nomination at any point of time
- The decision of the judges will be final. We do not share the contact information for our jury with participants as we have had experiences of writers stalking the jury in the past. Please be kind if you happen to come across the jury on social media
- Read through the eligibility guidelines to make sure your book does not disqualify. If you submit the form accurately with patience, rest assured we have your nomination. Do not send us emails to ask if we have received it or not. You would have already received that confirmation if your form was submitted cautiously
- Writers will not be provided any explanation or feedback about why a book was disqualified or did not make it to the top 20 list or above
- The award / trophy shown in the featured image of this post is only a close representative image. A customized trophy will be created with the winner’s name on the same; designed by Dopolgy
- Make sure to fill all the registration details accurately. No changes will be entertained in the details provided by you post submission