Announcing our very first exclusively-for-women-writers story-writing contest FemmeFluenza – ‘Cos life is all about celebrating womanhood and surviving through various challenges it brings along!
– SUBMISSION GUIDELINES –
- Theme: Survival stories through various challenges faced by women – be it prejudices, physical or emotional abuse, sexual harassment, corporate biases, denied education, breast cancer, female infanticide, gender discrimination, single-parenthood, divorce, social stigmas and taboos, etc.
- Word count: 1000 – 2000 words. Entries exceeding the word limits will be disqualified
- Author eligibility: Writers of age 16 and above
- All entries must be in English
- Only original works that have not been published in print, digital or online publications will be considered
- WriteFluence retains one-time exclusive publication right to the winning entries to be published in the FemmeFluenza publication (i.e. You cannot publish the story elsewhere during and after the contest)
- Submission fee: First entry FREE; Rs.100/- per additional submission
- Format: Type your story on a Word document and submit using the participation link at the bottom of this post. Do NOT send us email submissions!
- Deadline: 11.59 p.m. IST on February 28, 2021
– RESULTS –
Results will be announced on March 8, 2021.
- 20 winning stories will be published in a book to be released thereafter – All 20 writers will win:
- A merit certificate (digital) from WriteFluence
- A special author feature in the book, on our website and on our social feed
- Top 3 writers will receive 1 physical copy of the book
- Early bird prizes: A participation certificate (digital) for the first 20 entries!
- The earlier you send your submission, the more time we have to read it at peace and calculate the scores
***To pay for additional submissions, use the ‘Pay’ button below. Please note that stories will be judged purely on merit basis – whether you submit one or many!
- In the ‘Purpose of payment’ field, use code: WFFEM (Your Name)
Don’t forget to check out and participate in the other ongoing contests on our page!